There is something very interesting for us in our upper years to learn from Ms. Bronnie Ware, a woman who worked for years with the dying and wrote a list of the top five regrets people say aloud on their deathbed:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
Go chase your dreams!
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
How about working smartly and still having time for family?
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
Most of us are entrapped with this regret to some extent. Don’t settle for mediocre existence!
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
Build relationships, both for professional and personal well being. Most successful and happy people live on strong relationships.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
As most entrepreneurs will say – “Enjoy the journey. It is really up to you.”
I guess the learnings are for everyone. The less regrets you have in your life, the more enjoyable it is.
— Hemant Khandelwal.