General

The Secret to Retirement Planning with Minimal Taxation

The Secret to Retirement Planning with Minimal Taxation

Financial planning and taxes in your retirement years does not have to be a scary thing for baby boomers and retirees. In fact, there are very simple ways to …

source

27 Comments

1. 401k limit in 2017 is $18,000 a year + employer match + pre-tax + you get a tax break at the end of the tax season.
    Roth IRA is $5,500/year AFTER tax.
    How's Roth IRA superior again?
    I am maxing out both and there are no contests. 401k goes up more than quadruple in comparison. That is waaay more enough to offset ANY taxes at the end. Especially if you do gradual ladder withdraw from your 401k.

2. Never heard of a private pension option!! Where do you get that?

3. You are so wrong! The Roth money does not add up as much as IRA or 401K because you are adding less money into the Roth since you are paying taxes on the money going into the Roth. And you pay full tax on Roth funding. And when you take out your IRA money, you are retired and paying at a much lower income tax bracket. This video is completely erroneous and a scam sales pitch for Roths.

4. !!!And

5. What? You pay $$ taxes on the Roth money as you add it to the Roth at the HIGHER working tax bracket! It is not "tax free" it is as you say , "after tax"….. If I put $10 into the roth I pay taxes at say 25% while working; Same $10 into 401K I defer the taxes to a retirement time and lower tax bracket!!! This is ridiculous salesmanship. Listen to advice from people who will not profit from your decisions, not from sales people. (Insurance sales people especially)

6. Do the 401k, Max it out to get the full match from the employer, however 5 years before you retire, transfer that and re-characterize to a Roth (In Service Transfer), Pay the taxes and invest in a Hybrid Annuity that allows growth and income for when you retire. You have to do it 5 years before because the IRS will look back and not allow the Tax free withdrawals in the Roth unless it's been sitting there for 5 years. Yes I'm a Financial advisor (RIA)

7. About 5 or so minutes in the video, you say the value of a Traditional IRA would increase at the same rate as the Roth, however wouldn't there be more money deferred into the Traditional because it's before tax? This is of course without taking contribution limits into consideration. In other words, the amount actually being deferred to the account could be less for Roth because one may not be able to contribute the same amount since some of it would have to be reserved to pay taxes. Therefore, while there is an inherent advantage to having tax free interest for a Roth, one may be able to earn more money in a Trad since deferrals would be higher. The question is whether the tax free interest for a Roth would be more tax advantageous than the interest earned from being able to invest the pretax savings in a Traditional.

8. 1 in 7 Americans won’t be able to afford to retire!
    Don’t be one of the six that work until you die!
    Be able to retire in as little as 10 years with over
    a million dollars! Help others do the same and make
    even more money! Call 832-680-0252 NOW for all the details!

9. Hey I have a sports app that can make you money message me or call for link. 845 238 1893.

10. Unless I missed something. 50% match is $3,750, not $3,250,

11. With compounding interest involved, and considering you're losing the company match PLUS whatever is paid in taxes up front, to assume that a Roth will grow as large as a traditional is COMPLETELY incorrect.  If that were the case, traditional IRAs would have never eclipsed Roth's with respect to majority preference.  PLEASE tell me that If I invest $100 today (in the 25% tax bracket) in a traditional, in the same fund as a Roth, that it will be the same amount as $52 (-$23 due to no employee contribution and -25% due to taxes) invested in a Roth in 10 years?  Not to mention the traditional has the ability to bump me from the 25% bracket to the 15%, but we won't take those savings into account for my question….

12. Gatorade is not sugar water. You obviously have no idea. I guarantee you could not run a marathon drinking sugar water.

13. PEOPLE,
    DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY!
    HE IS TOTALLY MISLEADING YOU ON THIS!
    probably not intentionally I'm sure.
    There is much much much more missing here…………………………………………..!!

14. company match with 401K ????? from my age 21-51 years I have been putting into my 401k WITH COMPANY MATCH! INSTANTLY archiving 50% gain alone!!!! YOU are soooooo wrong!
    If I would have been putting that same money into a ROTH LMAO……..
    May be you should explain things a way bit better………….

15. wow … VERY badly done what a scam artist … ThinkTank should really pull this video
    "IRA/401k tax deferred pot same as after tax pot". … WRONG
    IRA is LARGER (so tax rate will determine best choice)
    $1000 contribution per month "fundamentally the same as $7500 per year " … WRONG
    its 60% higher contributions
    "1177 out is very close to 1404" WRONG
     its 17% LESS

16. Reply
  17. Do you offer consultation for a fee? Contact number?

18. I'd have a hard time leaving my planning up to a guy who can't divide by 2! (8:579:06).  Also, as others have already commented, his contribution amounts are FAR lopsided to the Personal Pension Plan.

With that said, the ROTH vs. Traditional IRA argument is not just one of numbers:  The benefits go far beyond that.  I am a fan of Roth IRA, but one can invest their tax-free money far more efficiently than a PPP, especially while still working!

19. @RetirementThinkTank- you're thanking everyone for sharing but haven't addressed the glaring issue with your contribution math. How are contributing 7,500/year pre-tax ($625/mo pre-tax)  and 1,000/mo after tax even close? If someone took that same 1,000/mo and contributed the pre-tax money to their 401k that would conservatively be a 1,300/mo contribution. Keep the match the same (well, 3,750 b/c that's actually 50% of 7,500) you are looking at 19,350 pre-tax invested annually in the 401k vs. 12,000 after tax in the private pension.

The argument that this money will be taxed at withdrawal doesn't hold for me either, b/c someone earning 150,000 annually is in the highest tax bracket, and pulling 1,400-2,000 a month in retirement will likely see them paying no tax income at all, obviously depending upon other income sources.

20. My retirement plan is after finishing animating and game developing at the age of 60 or 70, i would make my money grow twice as maximum fast, buy a mansion and a bugatti

21. I agree with the people that say your padding your numbers to make tax free look as good as the 401k. The 15 year scenario where you contribute 7,500 and somehow put in 1,000 to the tax free just to equal company match is very disingenuous.

22. The 401K analysis is wrong because you didn't include the benefit of NOT paying state taxes on wages.  That deferral is very important as those dollars are working for you.  Thus, if you move to a state in retirement that doesn't have state income taxes (like so many people do), you're not paying state income taxes on the flip-side.  Win-Win

23. Good tips to be retired as a rich by minimal taxation. this video is really a secret to retirement planning with minimal taxation

24. Great video. It is very informative and your replies to the comments are very helpful. Thank you for sharing with us your expertise

25. your comparison of 401K and Roth is completely off. 401K grows at a much much higher rate because of the pre-tax AND company match advantages. I've done the math so many times, and take actual numbers and grow both over 30 years and 401K, even though taxed later, will always be much much more than a Roth

26. Sorry but are you talking annuity ? Thanks